(Australian Tourism Commission)
• A multi-lingual site including
English, Japanese, French, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish,
Portuguese, Italian, and German.
• A leading travel search engine,
directory and forums. Great search engine and travel directory sniffing out
travel sites, including Australian locations.
• Online answers Australia-wide to your
questions. This is a pilot project of the national, state and territory
libraries of Australia.
• Information about Australia and the
various states and territories, including places to visit.
• A series of facts sheets covering
aspects of contemporary Australia and Australian policies and attitudes on a
wide range of issues.
Australian Big Things
• This site is a collection of the most
surprising things you've ever seen on the roadside. It is also an unashamed
collection of images and text from various sites. Learn all about this great
Australian art form. Marvel at the photos. You'll see some crazy things, and
maybe gain some insight into the Australian psyche.
Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
• Includes some facts and resources
'about Australia' -
People, culture and lifestyle,
system of government,
Facts about passports.
• Adventure Directory of Australia
lists the adventure operators in Australia and their activities, points of
interest, adventure stories etc.
• List your AUSTRALIAN website on Come
On Aussie... a directory service only for web sites about Australia and run by
businesses with an Australian contact address.
An Aussie A Go
• PALM BEACH QLD 4221 • Ph: 07 5598 1780 •
• Information on towns, business, and
• PO Box 2077, STRAWBERRY HILLS NSW 2012 • Ph: 02 8092 1710 •
• Mail4ward is an inexpensive, reliable
and secure mail forwarding. From as little as $8 per month, our address becomes
your contact point while you travel or work away from the office. You can even
view your mail online 24 x 7 with your own individual account.
• National Library of Australia •
Parkes Place, CANBERRA
• Ph: +61 2 6262 1641 • Fax: +61 2 6273 1180 •
• Looking for images of Australiana?
Picture Australia is the place to start! Search for people, places and events in
the collections of libraries, museums, galleries, archives, universities and
other cultural agencies, in Australia and abroad. Picture Australia provides
access to images that cover all aspects of Australiana.
People's Voice - 1901-2001
• Old Parliament House •
King George Terrace,
PARKES ACT 2600
• Ph: 02 6278 5224 •
• The People's Voice has been set up to
bring together the histories of communities across Australia. Its purpose is to
give towns and cities, large and small, across Australia, the opportunity to say
what they were doing at the time of Federation, how they have contributed to the
life of the nation since then, and what they are like now.
• A reliable mail forwarding service
for anyone who is travelling round Australia. So while you check out the sites
let us take care of your mail.
• Spectacular 360 degree images including photos and descriptions around Australia
and New Zealand - feel what it's like to be there!
• The Best Australian Sites were collected in this rating and sorted by
popularity. The URL of every Australian site was found in multiple internet
searches and the amount of mentions of site's addresses is used to generate the
Welcome to the Australian Directory of Government, Education, News,
Business, Real estate, Tourism, Telecommunication, Culture and Recreation,
Sport. Comprehensive portal to Australian sites on the Web.
• A site that covers a lot of topics,
through 475 guides, including travel.