Located 15 km from Windsor and adjacent to Wiseman's
Ferry Road is the 424 hectares
undulating river flats of the Cattai National Park. In the park is
an historic old Georgian style farm house (Cattai House), built in
1821. The land itself was granted to Thomas Arndell in 1799, a
surgeon who arrived in Australia on the First Fleet. The Arndell
family lived in Cattai House from 1821 to 1980, when they sold the
entire farm to the NSW Government. The land and property became a
national park in 1992.
The historic property is used
for camping, school excursions and family outings. The park is rich
in Aboriginal culture, the Dharug tribes were the original occupants
of the land, with evidence of their habitation in the axe grinding
sites adjacent to Cattai farms main road. There are also remnants of the original riverine
rainforest, which dominated the area before European settlement.