7 km from the Visitor Centre at the entrance to the tip of Point Nepean.
7 km the total return distance from Gunners Car Park.
See specific walks for distances and approximate times or contact the Parks
Victoria and pick up the brochure.
Point Nepean caters for people with a range of disabilities. There is a sealed
walking track to the Observatory Point beach from Gunners Car Park suitable for
wheelchairs. All upper areas of Fort Nepean, Fort Pearce and Eagles Nest are
also suitable for wheelchairs. The available transport is also able to
accommodate wheelchairs, however you must notify staff at the Visitor Centre.
There are electric BBQs, picnic facilities, toilets, information, audiovisual
and other displays at the Visitor Centre. Toilets are also provided at Gunners
Car Park and Fort Nepean. You are encouraged to bring sun protection and insect
repellent in summer, wet weather gear in winter, a sturdy pair of walking shoes,
food and refreshment, although these are also available for purchase at the
Visitor Centre. Dogs are prohibited at the park.
- At all times, stay on defined tracks and within areas open to the
public. Other areas may contain unexploded shells or other ammunition.
- Observe warnings signs and fences.
- Both ocean and bay beaches at Point Nepean are hazardous because of
strong currents, undertows, unexpected big waves and deep water.
- Beach access is only permitted between Observatory Point and The Bend.
Swimming, diving, surfing, fishing and entering the water is not permitted.
- All native plants and animal are protected by law. This applies to both
marine and land flora and fauna.
- Fires are not permitted in the National Park.
- Firearms and access to the park by boat are prohibited.
- In the case of emergency, please call the Visitor Centre for assistance
Ph: 03 5984 4276
In addition to our listed online travel guide information, contact the local
tourism visitor centre for your destination for more attractions, tours, local
maps and other information. You can also contact
Parks Victoria at Rosebud.