During the 1930s depression, prospecting and timber cutting occurred on a
small scale and in 1928 a water race was built to carry water to Bacchus Marsh.
In 1975, the Gorge became a state park, ensuring it future protection, with a
number of adjoining freehold land also been purchased later, enlarging the park
to its current size.
Access to the park is via the Western Freeway and Pentland Hills Road to
Myers Road (steep in places), or via Ironbark Road (the Ballan-Ingliston Road)
reached from the Bacchus Marsh-Balliang Road.
Visit the local visitor information centre or the local Parks Office in